Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blip.fm

So, I created a Blip.fm page for Dr. Pants. I could have created one under the Mixtape Jones moniker, but I am trying to unify under one brand a bit...I struggle every day with the fact that this blog is not officially connected with Dr. Pants in any way. It makes it a bit challenging to promote. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that don't know "Mixtape Jones" is the leader of Dr. Pants, blah blah blah. Anyway, the point is that the Blip.fm page serves a dual purpose. First, it afforded me the opportunity to upload Dr. Pants music on to Blip, so that people can "blip" it. So far, that's been very successful. Second, it allows me to fulfill my "DJ" urge in a very real way. Last night (4/15...This will more than likely get published some time a week or two later than it was written), I scheduled a time to blip, from 10-11 pm. I announced it on the Dr. Pants Twitter account several times throughout the day, and a number of people listened. I'm not going to lie to you--it was REALLY fun. I am going to do it at LEAST once a week. Here's a playlist of the set from 4/15:

THE WANTON SONG-LED ZEPPELIN
SILVER ROCKET-SONIC YOUTH
MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL-HUSKER DU
ADVENTURE ROCKET SHIP-ROBYN HITCHCOCK
BANKROBBER-THE CLASH
I LEFT MY WALLET IN EL SEGUNDO-A TRIBE CALLED QUEST
BUTTERMILK BISCUITS-SIR MIX-A-LOT
SO WHAT'CHA WANT-BEASTIE BOYS
TELEGRAM SAM-BAUHAUS
STARMAN-DAVID BOWIE
DREAMING-BLONDIE
TALKING IN YOUR SLEEP-THE ROMANTICS
SURRENDER-CHEAP TRICK
PHOTOGRAPH-DEF LEPPARD
PUSH-THE CURE
SUPERMAN-R.E.M.

No comments: