Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Mixtape Pants Radio Hour

So, I just got done with what is (in actuality) the third or fourth installment of the Mixtape Pants Radio Hour, my DJ show on Blip.fm (the first few were not necessarily done under that banner). "But people don't have SHOWS on Blip.fm," you say. Well, now I do. I do it like a real show, it happens at a scheduled time, AND, with some slight digital trickery, I even do spoken break-ins during the show. It's fantastically fun. I am loving it. There is a chance I will start doing a show on Live365 at some point as well, and I'm quite excited about that. I will not share any more details on that until I know I am at liberty to do so.

Anyway, here's the playlist from the show tonight; hopefully we'll be able to do it again next week:

SON OF A GUN-THE VASELINES
PASS THE MIC-BEASTIE BOYS
STOP & THINK IT OVER-SARAH BORGES & THE BROKEN SINGLES
PAPA ZIT-WEEN
WAY DOWN NOW-WORLD PARTY
ECHOS MYRON-GUIDED BY VOICES
EVEN IF IT BREAKS YOUR HEART-WILL HOGE
PRETTY PERSUASION-R.E.M.
LET'S DANCE-DAVID BOWIE
LONDON-THE SMITHS
WHEN YOU WERE MINE-THE SMITHS
STAY POSITIVE-THE HOLD STEADY
PEACHES EN REGALIA-FRANK ZAPPA
AKA DRIVER-THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS
FARMVILLE DREAM/THE GIRLS WILL ROCK-DR. PANTS

Tons of fun, I tell you. I had a blast, as usual. Tuesday night at 9pm central will be our tentative air time every week, unless a higher priority commitment takes precedence (like, say an actual GIG). So tune in.

No comments: