Thursday, February 11, 2010

K.C. Clifford CD Release Concerts This Weekend

I have no idea what to blog about today, other than that this weekend my wife (K.C. Clifford) is doing a two-night CD release concert here in Oklahoma City. Her new album is called Orchid, and it is most definitely the best album I've ever heard by someone that I am personally connected to. Some of you, I'm sure, will cry "bias!", but once you hear the record, you'll recant such rash judgments. If you don't think it's one of the best singer-songwriter records of 2010, you're not listening to the same record I am, I promise.

I'll post links and so forth where you can buy it once it actually comes out for real (the nationwide street date is March 2nd...only the lucky folks in Oklahoma City who come to the shows get to buy it before then).

We'll also have the first single, "Broken Things", up on Blip.fm soon, and hopefully on Pandora.

This event has consumed my life for the past week or two, so I'm glad it's happening tomorrow. This is only the beginning of a year of amazing things though, I'm sure. It's an exciting time to be K.C. Clifford's husband.

K.C. Clifford Celebrates the Release of "Orchid"
The Blue Door, Oklahoma City
2805 N. McKinley
Friday, 2/12 & Saturday, 2/13
$15, 8pm

Buy tickets for the shows at The Blue Door Website. Friday night is basically sold out...so come Saturday.

No comments: